||GPS Systems and Kinematic Applications
||September 1 - January 31
- To enable the student to analyse advanced kinematic GPS applications
- To provide the student with a comprehension of advanced signal-processing topics relevant to antenna systems and receiver structures
- To provide the student with knowledge in system/network level design and optimization
- To provide the student with a knowledge of scientific methods in GPS applications
||A kinematic GPS application is chosen. The problem is investigated in depth and a solution strategy is chosen and implemented.
The project must demonstrate ability to handle complex problems in a scientific manner. The project should lean itself towards at least one of three key areas:
- Real-time processing of GPS observations
- Data links
- System level investigations, and optimizations
The following list covers examples of 2nd semester projects. Click here to see abstracts from previous 2nd semester projects.
- GPS and radar
- Implementation of RTK software
- Fleet management
- Precision farming
- Land-vehicle navigation
- GPS for geographic databases
Discrete-Time Kalman Filtering (SE)
GPS Applications (SE)
Receiver Technology (PE)
Propagation of GPS Signals (PE)
||The external oral examination is based on the prepared project report.
Each student is marked individually according to the 00-13 grading scale.